Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fun things emailed to me

Ready for another riddle? This one was sent to me by the bf:

This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.


The following is not a riddle (or is it?) but rather an email I received yesterday:

Subject: buffet table skirting clips

Hi Becky:

How are you doing Becky? How is "the big day planning" going?  Have you and Larry settled on the food items yet?  We went visit your mom last Saturday and peeked at the linens, runners and table skirts she picked up.  I looked at the buffet table skirts and not sure how to set it up.  Come to find out we will need some Velcros table skirting clips.  I found them on Amazon, wanted to order but not sure the thickness of the table.  If you have that information with you, send it to me so I can order them.    Let me know if there are things else I can do to help.  We will take your mom to LA Flower District.  I need to get some more flowers to practice.  I will also get the floral foams to use with the arrangements. They'll make the flowers stay in place (I hope!) and hold the water in during transportation.  I plan to stop at the Chinese kitchen supply place in Monterrey Park to buy some tongs for the buffet.  If there are anything you need there, email me before Saturday, OK?   Say hi to Pat for me. 

Aunt Winnie.

It was such a fun read that I had to forward to a couple of friends whose names are mentioned in the letter, and now I'm sharing with you. Poor Aunt Winnie. I hope she realizes that her email got delivered to the wrong niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment