Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cold Turkey

I am going on day 5 of being chapstick-free. I lost my chapstick somewhere on the streets of SD Friday night so I was without chapstick for an entire day on Saturday. It was painful. Sunday didn't prove to be much better but I was determined to wean myself off of this Burt's Bees addiction (I've gone through at least 5 in the last year). I've heard that doing something for 21 days in a row will make it a habit. I wonder if it works the same for when I don't do something. Will report back in 16 days...

In other news, while digging under the bed in the guest room for blank paper to draw on, I discovered some long lost pieces. It's unfortunate I didn't think to put a date behind these paintings because now I don't know which year these were made in. See if you can guess who I meant to paint:


The first one is a giveaway because I imitated this artist's painting style. I don't know why he turned out looking so sad though...


Hint: Lost


I'm not quite sure who this is supposed to be. If you figure it out, let me know. (Not sure what's going on with his right nostril either)


This last one is probably the reason why I stopped drawing people. I really hope this is not the same order that I produced these paintings because they get progressively worse.

1 comment:

  1. man, I like how pretty people turn out less pretty by your skill. However, I think you are good at making these type of interpretation, there's a meaning in your portraits, unlike those realistic looking portraits.

    ReplyDelete